It’s Tips for Tuesday!
This week’s tip: Create an appetizer spread as the meal the next time you entertain
Whenever I entertain, I like to avoid cooking the day of the event. When it is the middle of the summer, I sometimes try to avoid cooking out as well. Don’t get me wrong I love to cookout, but when you are hosting a party and it is near 100 degrees outside…..well, you get the picture. Instead, I create a spread that is hearty enough for a meal, but completely minimizes my work the day of. I will make spreads and dips, and create trays of veggies, meats, cheeses, etc. The only thing I will make the day of, is bread. At a party I threw recently, I did a quick cheese muffin as the bread, and baked it right before the guests arrived. I went with a varied and hearty cold food menu and it was a big hit. The menu is below:
- Two types of hummus and naan bread (check out my roasted red pepper hummus recipe and stay tuned on Thursday for a new hummus recipe)
- Tzatziki with cucumbers and naan bread
- Bruschetta dip with crostini
- Spinach pesto with crostini
- Cheese muffins
- Salsa and kettle cooked potato chips
- Guacamole and tortilla chips
- Turkey, ham, salami, and pepperoni, and bread and butter pickles
- Mozzarella, provolone, and jack cheeses
- Fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil
I would love to hear from you. What is your favorite entertaining tip?