Although I am ready for the fall, I will miss frequent cookouts. I love hosting spring and summer events, and cookout food is one of my favorites. I always have leftovers, and enjoy making them into something a little different. Next week, I will share a new slaw recipe also inspired by cookout leftovers. I hope you enjoy these tips for using up leftovers from your next cookout 🙂 We have a few weeks left! I would love to hear your favorite uses for cookout food too.
- Hamburgers: Cut up the cooked burgers and add them to a marina sauce for a delicious and meaty spaghetti sauce for your pasta.
- Salsa: Make Mexican rice, by adding 1/2 cup salsa and a little garlic, cumin, and salt to 2 cups cooked rice. Let it simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. For best results, puree the salsa first.
- Guacamole: Make a Mexican pizza using guacamole as the base/sauce, and top with cheese. Click here for the recipe.
- Tortilla Chips: Make some nachos. Place the chips flat on a pan and top with your favorite veggies and with shredded or sliced cheese. Place in a pre-heated 450 degree oven until the cheese is melted. Yum!
- Buns: Cut up the bread and toss in olive oil and sprinkle your favorite spices on top. Place in a preheated 400 degree oven and remove once the bread is crunchy. Makes fantastic croutons for your salad or soup.